"• Describe the field of human services, its history, and the service delivery systems of child welfare and juvenile justice.
• Describe the role of the DSP in working with children and families to help meet their needs
• Define child abuse and neglect and some factors that place children at risk.
• Identify professional standards in human services related to appearance, confidentiality, driving, reporting information, respect, work habits, social skills, and boundaries.
• Understand the importance of appreciating diversity in the work setting and the impact culture can have on communication
• The Direct Support Professional has an understanding of the field of human services, the specialty fields of child welfare and juvenile justice, and the standards for professionalism in human services.